The Sandbox partners with People of Crypto Lab to create the first-ever center for diversity and inclusivity in the metaverse.
Metaverse Center for Diversity staff at Crypto Lab’s The Sandbox
The Center for Belonging will launch in June 2022 during The sandbox Alpha 3. In addition, it will include a diverse avatar collection, a social hub for education, entertainment, and immersive gaming experiences.
Additionally, it begins hosting the first Metaverse Pride and a play-to-earn game to celebrate our differences.
Meanwhile, People of Crypto Lab (POC) is dedicated to increasing diversity, participation and representation on Web3. Additionally, it aims to create the blueprint for inclusion in Web3 and the Metaverse.
Here are some of the things POC intends to do:
- Education and onboarding for brands and consumers, creating meaningful Web3 brand integrations rooted in the celebration of diversity.
- Build, invest and nurture brands with diverse stories, teams and projects representing Women, Black, Brown, People of Color and LGBTQIA+ creators, developers and brands. POC will reinvest 50% of NFT sales back into the community.
- Create empowering new opportunities for underserved creators and users. The lab will develop IP, brands, games, multimedia content and NFT projects designed for next-generation audiences and forward-thinking communities, with a focus on all marginalized groups.
- Stay blockchain-agnostic and create unbiased use cases for multi-chain interoperability.
- Finally, create one of the most diverse avatar collections in the history of Web3 with representations of 57 skin tones representing all ethnicities and backgrounds to avatars with different abilities, including all people of the world. Varied gameplay with wheelchair and drag queen MPCs.
“As someone who has had to hide behind my true identity, I’m excited to see the Metaverse provide a safe space for marginalized communities to express their true selves and feel represented,” said POC co-founder Akbar Hamid. “Our deep understanding of the culture and consumer journey to Web 3.0 is our strength.”